Welcome to Insulin Pump Wales!
The Wales National Insulin Pump Network (Insulin Pumps Wales) has been developed to work collaboratively across the diabetes community in Wales and with stakeholders across the UK to develop and maintain the highest standard of care possible to people living with Type 1 diabetes in Wales.
Who can be a member?
Every diabetes centre that provides CSII therapy is automatically a member of the health care professional network – there are currently 16 centres across Wales. The network is also open to any health care professional who has an interest in CSII therapy in Wales or wants to learn more.
By signing up to our mailing list we'll keep you up to date with the latest news/developments, upcoming events for yourselves and your patients living with diabetes- just fill in the form on our Contact page.
What are we hoping to achieve?
The network aims to work with health care professionals and people living with diabetes co-creatively across Wales to "Educate, Empower, Evaluate and Evolve" in order to improve the standard of diabetes care in Wales aligned to the Wales Diabetes Delivery Plan (2016-2020) and UK & International best practice guidelines.
|Supporting health care professionals both diabetes specialists and non-specialist teams, and people living with diabetes to improve knowledge and confidence in CSII therapy.||Collaboration across Wales and the rest of the UK and internationally, working together to enable a world-class service that is delivered to people living with diabetes as our focus||Regular assessment of the services we provide across Wales through national and local audits in addition to patient experience and feedback||Keeping up to date with the latest in insulin pump therapy and other related technologies developed to improve the lives of people living with diabetes. Also ensuring that services continue to evolve to accommodate date the latest technology and guidance.|
What activities / support do Insulin Pumps Wales provide?
- An Annual All Wales conference to share best practice and latest updates – you can find out more details on the next meeting here
- Regional education for specialist and non-specialist teams around Wales – to help ensure continuing professional development for those working in CSII therapy
- Production of education and support resources for specialist diabetes teams, all health care professionals and patients including online modules and downloadable information sheets on our Resources page.
- Working with other organisations such as IPN UK to create guidelines and standards that ensure high quality care and equity across os the UK and most importantly here in Wales.
- Patient peer support and engagement through social media, local meet ups / forums and co-creating of resources.
- Ensuring Wales participation in the National CSII audit and participation in local service audits and any other quality improvement initiatives.
- Working with third sector organisations to improve awareness of the befeits of CSII and associated technology.