Welcome to Insulin Pumps Wales
The Wales National Insulin Pump Network (Insulin Pumps Wales) has been developed to work collaboratively across the diabetes community, with both people living with diabetes and health care professionals across Wales. Additionally we will work alongside stakeholders throughout the UK to develop and maintain the highest standard of care possible for people living with Type 1 diabetes in Wales.
Who is Insulin Pumps Wales for?
If you are currently on insulin pump therapy or wish to find out more about insulin pump therapy, then we can help you. We also look to work with people living with diabetes and the parents and carers of those living with Type 1 Diabetes to develop resources and improve access to knowledge of insulin pump therapy and related technology across Wales. This is achieved through both North Wales and South Wales Meet Ups - latest details of these events can be found here. – HyperLink to "Meet ups page" on "Patients Section" (RMa to put together content on this)
What are we hoping to achieve?
Our aim is "Educate, Empower, Evaluate and Evolve" in order to improve the standard and quality of diabetes care in Wales, focusing on Insulin Pump Therapy and other technology developments that improve lives of those living with the condition.
Educate - Supporting health care professionals both diabetes specialists and non-specialist teams, and people living with diabetes to improve knowledge and confidence in CSII therapy.
Empower - Collaboration across Wales and the rest of the UK and internationally, working together to enable a world-class service that is delivered to people living with diabetes as our focus
Evaluate - Regular assessment and review of the services we provide across Wales through national and local audits in addition to gathering patient experience and feedback
Evolve – Keeping up to date with the latest in insulin pump therapy and other related technologies developed to improve the lives of people living with diabetes. Also ensuring that services continue to evolve to accommodate the latest technology and guidance.
How are we going to achieve this?
- An Annual All Wales Health Care Professional conference to share best practice and latest technology and service developments.
- Providing Regional education for specialist and non-specialist Health Care Professionals & teams around Wales – for those new to Insulin Pump therapy and also to help ensure continuing professional development for those currently working in CSII therapy.
- Production of education and support resources for specialist diabetes teams, all health care professionals and patients including online modules and downloadable information sheets which are available on our Resources Page.(link)
- Working with other organisations such as IPN UK to create guidelines and standards that ensure high quality care and equity across os the UK and most importantly here in Wales.
- Patient peer support and engagement through social media, local meet ups / forums and co-creating of resources.
- Ensuring Wales participation in the National CSII audit and participation in local service audits and any other quality improvement initiatives.
- Working with third sector organisations to improve awareness of the benefits of CSII and associated technology.